You will have access to the video as soon as you register.
This recorded video will be available until March 5 2025.
Explore the latest, evidence-based insights in perinatal nutrition with our nutrition experts.
This recorded video offers a deep dive into the nutritional needs during pregnancy, chest/breastfeeding, and the postpartum period, focusing on evidence-based best practices. We'll cover key topics such as macro and micronutrient balance, managing special conditions like gestational diabetes, and infant nutrition basics. Attendees will be engaged with case studies and further resources to support their participants, clients or patients. Designed for perinatal professionals and helping peers, this webinar offers an up-to-date and inclusive approach to offer best-practice perinatal nutrition support.
- An In-depth Overview of Nutrition's Role in the Perinatal Period
- Exploring the Role of Dietitians in Perinatal Care
- Comprehensive Guide to Nutritional Needs Before, During, and After Pregnancy
- Addressing Special Dietary Considerations: Morning Sickness, Gestational Diabetes, Food Allergies and Intolerances, Plant-Based Diets
- Consideration and Selection of Nutritional Supplements
- Essentials of Infant Nutrition: Chest/Breastfeeding and Formula, Managing Allergies and Intolerances, Introduction to Solids
- Navigating Food Accessibility Challenges: Considerations for Infant Formula, Baby Food, and Supplements
- Case Studies: Real-World Applications and Outcomes
- Concluding Remarks and Additional Resources
Amy Chow (She/Her), Registered Dietitian, Founder of Chow Down Nutrition & Find BC Dietitians Inc.
Amy is a Registered Dietitian with a focus on pediatric nutrition, food allergy management, and eating disorder recovery. She respectfully acknowledges her practice on the traditional lands of the q̓ʷɑ:n̓ƛ̓ən̓ (Kwantlen), q̓ic̓əy̓ (Katzie), Máthxwi (Matsqui), and Se'mya'me (Semiahmoo) First Nations. Practicing as a dietitian in British Columbia since 2011, she has honed her skills in diverse clinical settings, including BC Children's Hospital and Healthlink BC. As a SOS trained feeding therapist and a mother to an adventurous 8-year-old, Amy brings a unique blend of professional knowledge and real-life experience. Her passion lies in empowering families with confidence in nutrition and reinstating the joy of eating. As the founder of Find BC Dietitians, she is committed to connect individuals with nutrition experts and to promote evidence-based and harm reduction nutrition messaging across healthcare professionals.
Lillian Yin (She/Her), Registered Dietitian, MPH Candidate, Health Promoter, Certified Diabetes Educator
Lillian is a registered dietitian, certified diabetes educator, health promoter, food advocate and a humble settler on the lands of the Coast Salish Peoples including the lands of the kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Kwikwetlem), xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) and səlil̓wətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples. She is currently working towards a Master’s in Public Health at Johns Hopkins University. In her practice at Vancouver Coastal Health’s Youth Pregnancy and Parenting Program for the previous four years and now in her private practice, she takes a client-led approach, focusing on strengths, identifying barriers, cultural safety, and trauma-informed, compassionate support. She is grateful to walk alongside so many transformative perinatal journeys.